How to Be the Most Fearless Person in the Room
As we are nearing the end of the first month of the new year, I want you to ask yourself one question. What have you achieved so far?
Resolutions are relatively hard to keep. So instead of making new ones every year, I say stay consistent and slay at life.
What does it mean to slay at life you ask? Well according to urbandictionary.com, the definition of slaying is to succeed in something amazing.
Don’t go for something huge yet, look inside and see how you can better yourself first. Success starts with changing yourself first.
First of all, we all have issues. Don’t ever forget that. Not one person has a perfect life (whatever that is anyways). Everyone’s got problems. The point, however, is to overcome those problems. One way to overcome problems is learning to be brave.
Being fearless is no easy task. However, if you put the effort into being brave each day you’ll soon find yourself able to do anything in the world without doubt controlling your mind.
Here are some steps on how to become the bravest person in the room:
- Look forward to failing: Failure has two sides. You’re either too afraid to try or you’ll use the failure as a lesson and do it better next time. Social media plays a huge roll, as I have mentioned in my How To Gain Confidence article. People are always watching others and no one wants to fail in front of others. My tip is to get a positive perspective and use failure to learn from your mistakes.
- Step out of your comfort zone: Being fearless means getting out of your comfort zone. Everyone has a different way of doing this. It could be as little as finding a new route to work or speaking to somebody new. It could also be as big as jumping out of an airplane or quitting your job for something new. My advice would be to start small. However, if you’re feeling extra daring (or unhappy) go for the big stuff.
- Embrace vulnerability: When you’re able to get out of the comfort zone you feel vulnerable, which you probably don’t like. However, at the same time, that is exactly how you grow. You’re becoming the person you were meant to be. You’re growing into something even greater than you were.
- Have faith in yourself: These steps might seem impossible. But that isn’t true. It’s all about mindset. Have faith in yourself that you can do anything and one day, before you know it, you will. You are an incredible person. The key is for you to believe that too.
- Have fun: These steps are challenging. Make sure that you are smiling along the way. Most of life is not what happens to you but how you react. Choose to laugh at yourself and you’ll no longer care if anyone else does.
Becoming fearless sounds mentally brutal, but it really isn’t and the outcome is worth the difficulty. Plus, no one ever accomplished anything great easily. When you finally decide that you’ve had enough of the ordinary, only then will you be able to see your true colors.
So I hope that from this year on, you decide to slay. Not because it’s a new year, but because you deserve to become the best version of you possible.